Ph.D: Mycology (Taxonomy of Fungi), State
University of Utrecht, The Netherlands, June, 1980.
M.Sc: Mycology ( Biology of Fungi),
University of Cambridge, England UK, October, 1976.
B.Sc: Botany & Chemistry, Kuwait University,
Kuwait, May 1971.
1. Biological Studies on keratinophilic fungi
in Kuwait. Kuwait University, KU grant No. SO026,
2. Studies on the extracellular enzymes from
keratin degrading fungi in Kuwait, KU Grant No.SO051, Completed.
3. Effect of nutritional and physiological
conditions on the keratinolytic activities of saprophytic fungi.
KU Grant No. SO052, Completed. (P.I.).
4. Molecular cloning of keratinase gene(s) of
Chrysosporium zonatum. KU Grant No. SO053, Completed ( Co.I).
5. Induction, purification and
characterization of keratin degrading enzymes from fungi. KU
Grant No. SO063, Completed (Co.I).
6. Isolation and characterization of
halophilic and keratin degrading actinomycetes. KU Grant No.
SO064, Completed ( Co.I).
7. Characterization, Symptoms, development and
control of bud rot and canker of date palm in Kuwait. KU-KFAS
Grant No.SO069, Completed ( Co.I).
8. Effect of carbon and nitrogen compounds on
the growth and activities of fungi grown on keratinous
substrates. KU Grant No SO080, ( completed).
9. Studies on the heat resistant fungi in
Kuwait: A search for potential recycling applications for
persistent organic matters. KU grant No. SL04/04 ( Starting
date: October 2007) (PI)
10. A study on the seasonal changes of
dominance and physiological applications of salt tolerant fungi
from a natural salt pond and coastal sabkha in Kuwait. (M.Sc.
project, YS01/07) . Teaching Interests
Courses Taught at University Level:
0490-105 Microbiology (1999- 2001)
0450-106 Microbial world
0495-107 Micro techniques & Microscopy
0450-201* Microbiology 1.
0495-206 Mycology Bot.
0495-390* Seminar in Microbiology Bot.
0495-465 Microbiology of Extreme
0495-496 & 0495-497 Microbiology research
0495-494 Microbiology research project
* courses are not anymore available in the
Microbiology major sheet or their numbers have been changed
4952-551 Microbial Taxonomy.
0952-561 Stress tolerant
04952-597 to 598 MSc. Thesis